Free Microsoft software on a subscription Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDN AA)
National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine (NMetAU) became a party to Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance - licensing program with Microsoft, addressed to the institutions of higher education.
The software can be installed in the lab classrooms and on home computers of students and teachers in educational and research purposes.
Among the list of products:
-Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Beta 2
-Windows 7 Professional
-Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
-Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, and Web
-Windows Vista Business
-Windows Vista Enterprise
-Windows XP Service Pack 3
... And much more!
ELMS site address to download software - http://msdn62.e-academy.com/nmau_mmb
Join in the room. 307 Main Building (telephone information line 31-62).
ELMS - a web-based application for managing software distribution program MSDN AA
Using the site ELMS:
1. Follow this link http://msdn62.e-academy.com/nmau_mmb
You will be redirected to the site ELMS
2. Just log in and click the "Software" i choose the desired product from the drop-down list and click "Go". You can also search (upper field).
3. On page of product information, press "Add to Cart"
4. Read the license agreement and click "I Agree".
5. The page view contents of your basket you can order other products. To do this, click "Continue Shopping" then click "Check Out".
6. Check the correctness of personal data and enter your e-mail. Click "Next".
7. Click on the link "Download" right product
8. If the product requires a key, it will be in the appropriate box. Record it and use it during installation. Click the "Download".
9. You load the program loader installer (size ~ 0,5 M). Save it to your hard drive and run:
10. Select a folder to download the product and click "Continue".
11. In the folder that you downloaded the product. Bootloader installer supports partial load, so you can interrupt the process at any time (closed window) and recover in the future.
Depending on the type of product you can just run it the settings or get a disk image. Further installation procedure depends on the type of product.
Based on the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the company "Microsoft Ukraine" dated 10 April 2009 higher educational establishments, which set out the exact and natural sciences and disciplines related to design, have the right to free participation in the program, the corporation MSDN AA .
MSDN AA - program of cooperation with the education sector, through which the higher and secondary educational institutions can use in the educational process the-art products and technologies, Microsoft. The program targets schools that have licenses for training in technical or natural sciences and is intended solely for educational and scientific purposes.
The resulting software can be installed on a computer classrooms and laboratories, departments and divisions - the program participants.
To support the information (local area network, email servers, etc.) and administrative (dean's office, accounting, training of other units) infrastructure institution must select any other program of Microsoft's licensing for higher education.
Faculty, staff and students who are enrolled in mandatory courses the institution can install the software, resulting in the MSDN AA, on their personal PC.
Microsoft Ukraine signed a memorandum with the Ministry of Science and Education of Ukraine to all universities and higher education institutions in Ukraine, where he teaches information technology and science, free access to a subscription license for software «MSDN Academic Alliance».
The program «MSDN Academic Alliance» provides students and teachers of the institutions of modern broad list of Microsoft products to educational and training purposes. In Ukraine, the program reached about 200 higher education institutions.
text taken from sites: